Monday, July 9, 2007

say huh?

I'm a great believer in compartmentalization. Or: not letting your right hand know what your left is doing.

To keep myself guessing, I like variety to the point of extreme eclecticism. Not to say I like everything. But that would be convenient in regards to making oneself happy.

I like lots of different music & different musical approaches. I like some traditional folk music (witness the recent Summerfest entry) and I like rather plain vanilla late 20th century pop music. And I like some more tripped out and aggro music.

I like music by folks who can play their instruments well. And music by those who can barely tune up but don't let such technicalities prevent them from doing whatever they can do to say whatever they want.

Anyhow, don't be too surprised if I'm talking up the Shaggs or Harry Partch one minute and Women In Docs and John Roberts the next.

You may find in your own musical wanderings that if it's something you want to hear or want to make yourself, there is no why beyond the wanting.

And so it is here.

No comments: